Every once in a while a truly innovative piece of technology comes into the world of music production, in 2015 the Komplete Kontrol S Series from Native Instruments was that innovation.
With an impressive Komplete bundle of software instruments and FX the Komplete Kontrol offering is packed with massive sonic horsepower! but the question is, with so much to choose from won’t we get a little overwhelmed? the answer to that question is definitely yes but on this occasion should we care? hell no!
The Komplete Kontrol S Series allows you to perform some of the most advanced and unbelievable functions I have ever experienced, and right at the click of a few buttons.
- Designed for perfect integration with Komplete
- You’ll love playing on this amazing Fatar keybed
- Advanced control options enhance your workflow
- Includes Komplete Select software bundle
- Komplete Kontrol 1.5 introduces NKS and more
The Komplete Kontrol S Series browser control allows you to quickly pull up any NI instrument in your arsenal, you can also narrow down your search by using descriptive keywords to target your chosen sound and load up the best preset for you and get your session well underway.
If you’re a clever clogs and dabble with a bit of sound design, when a chosen preset has loaded the NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard gives you a set of touch-sensitive controls that allow you to tweak your sound to your hearts content via the Native Instruments Native Map.
There are a few good reasons why keyboardists and keyboard makers alike love Fatar keybeds like the one the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 uses, In addition to being extremely well built, they feel fantastic, offering enough resistance so that you can really lay into the keys while recovering fast enough for synth-style repeats.
Whether you’re playing a piano patch courtesy of The Giant or a lead via Monark, these keys won’t let you down. For added expression, Native Instruments also gave the Komplete Kontrol S88 a pair of touch strips, which let you pull off mod and pitch-bending moves out of reach for ordinary control wheels. What’s more, the Komplete Kontrol S88’s integration with Komplete 9 and up includes its multicolour Light Guide – a series of LEDs above each key that offers performance feedback and reveals advanced playing features.
The many additional functions on board of all of the Komplete Kontrol S Series keyboards take making and playing music to a whole new level, for instance playing chords with a single key or mapping key ranges to different scales, the built-in arpeggiator goes far beyond typical arpeggiation creating new ways for you to write new and interesting melodies at ease, let’s just say your tracks are going to find the touch you’ve been looking for a while.
“KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards include KOMPLETE SELECT – a premium instrument and effect package worth £850.00 when purchased separately. Includes MASSIVE, PRISM, MONARK, RETRO MACHINES, THE GENTLEMAN, VINTAGE ORGANS, SCARBEE MARK I, WEST AFRICA, DRUMLAB, SOLID BUS COMP.” – see more at the NI Website
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/simple_list]
- Powerful, great-playing keyboard that gives you unrivalled integration with Komplete 9+
- Tag-based unified browsing across all Komplete instruments lets you quickly find the sounds you want, right from the hardware
- Clear View display shows all the most important details at a glance with easily legible text that you can read in any environment
- Dial in the main parameters of any Komplete instrument, which automatically map to the touch-sensitive controller knobs
- Create arpeggiated melodies at the touch of a button, play chords with single keys, or map the whole key range to scales
- Dedicated transport section gives you full access to your DAW’s playback and recording controls