Table of Contents
How to Tune 808’s in Logic Pro X Tutorial
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to properly tune 808’s in Logic Pro X using EXS24 and Kontakt 5.
In this example I’m using a sample from my pack Warm 808’s I recommenced that you pick them up. They will perfect for carrying out what you’ve come here to learn.
I want this to be a bullshit-free guide, so we’re going to get straight into it!
Skip to your favorite sampler:
Tuning 808’s with EXS24
- Open up EXS24
- Hit “edit”
- Drag and drop the sample in the piano roll
- Hit “save” and “x” out of the window
- Insert a Tuner plugin (you’ll find this in “metering”)
- Play a note, the tuner will tell you the pitch the 808 is
- Use the “Tune” knob on the EXS24 and tune the 808 to the exact note you’re playing on the keyboard
Tuning 808’s with Kontakt 5
- Load up Kontakt
- Choose an 808 bass sample and drop it into Kontakt
- By default, the root key will be set to C3, Now load up a tuner in your inserts
- Hit C3 on your MIDI keyboard and find out what key the 808 is in
- Change the root note in Kontakt to the correct key